Why choose Allegro?
- Our goal above all else is to follow the Montessori Pedagogy.
- This means that we are dedicated to: preserving the three hour work cycle each day; promoting peace education; the availability and manipulation of Montessori materials; the education of the whole child, their body, mind and spirit.
- We are building on a foundation of a thirty year history and over fifty years combined teaching experience among our staff.
- Our Directors/teachers are all fully trained Montessori Educators.
- Our Elementary Director has their Montessori training, a Bachelor of Education and a Masters in Montessori Education.
- As a Registered Qualified Independent School we have already proven that the Montessori curriculum both meets and exceeds the expectations of the Saskatchewan Curriculum.
- While providing a Montessori education we also compliment their learning with French, Music, Drama and Physical Education.
- We are housed in a school and therefore have access to gyms, playgrounds and meeting facilities.
- We see each child as an individual with unique skills and learning styles.
Registration Now Open for the 2022-23 School Year
What to look for in a Montessori School:
- Is the environment beautiful?
- Is the environment peaceful?
- Is there a variety of work being done by the students?
- Is there an absence of worksheets/books?
- Do children appear relaxed and happy?
- Are children kind and courteous?
- Do children appear to have a sense of purpose?
- Are primary children concentrating hard on their work?
- Are elementary children working seriously even though they are conversing?
- Are the educators constantly aware of the whole environment but intervening only when children are aimless, not constructively working, or bothering others?
These are the qualities you need to see in the Montessori school you choose. These are the qualities we strive for every day at Allegro.
Allegro Montessori School
4215 Degeer Street