The primary aim of Allegro Montessori School is to provide a stimulating and carefully-planned environment where children may develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes and skills essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
We are dedicated to being Montessori in all things. To that end all of our directors are Montessori trained through various reputable Montessori Institutions and offer a combined experience on the job of over 75 years. We consistently seek to improve our Montessori template through professional development and continued study for all our staff.
We at Allegro believe in the principles of education set out by Maria Montessori and that a Montessori education is for all children. Students of all walks of life with all manner of challenges and abilities benefit from Montessori’s focus on the individual and the understanding that each child learns at their own pace in their own way.
The school strives to assist the child to attain the following:
- A positive attitude toward school and learning
- Respect for others, for all life, and for the environment
- Self-discipline and independence within the context of community
- A high degree of self-esteem
- Habits of concentration, initiative, and persistence
- The ability to engage in team work
- Development as a whole person, academically, emotionally, spiritually and physically